1. Man’s chief purpose is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever. Eccl.12:13B…fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.
Deut 6:2,5…so that you.. may fear the Lord your God…by keeping all his decrees and commands that I give you, and so that you may enjoy long life…Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength
Deut.10:12,13…And now, O Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to observe the Lord’s commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good.
Mk.12: 30… Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
2. The only infallible authority of faith and life is the inspired, infallible, inerrant Word of God, the Bible.
2 Tim. 3:16…All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching , rebuking, and correcting in righteousness.
2 Peter 1:20, 21 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
3. There is one God existing in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
2 Peter 1:2 … who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood.
2 Cor. 13:14… May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.Matt 28:19 “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit…”
John 14:26 ” But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.”
4. The universe, including man, is the creation of God and is preserved and governed by His providence.
Col. 1:16, 17 ” For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and
“I HAVE NO GREATER JOY THAN TO HEAR THAT MY CHILDREN ARE WALKING IN THE TRUTH.” III JOHN: 4
invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities, all things were created by Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
Genesis 1:1 ” In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.”
5. Man was created good, but by sinning against God, fell into misery, condemnation, and death.
Genesis 1:31 ” God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.”
Genesis 1:16-19 To the woman he said,” I will greatly increase your pains…” To Adam he said,”…cursed is the ground because of you.”
Is.53: 6 “We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.”
Romans 3:23 “For the wages of sin is death…”
6. In His sovereign grace and mercy, God provided redemption through the Lord Jesus Christ, who, being the eternal Son of God, became man, lived a life of perfect righteousness and died on the cross that believers might be delivered from judgment, restored to fellowship with God, and called to lives of obedient service.
Romans 3:21-24 “But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.”
Ephesians 2:8-10 “For it is by grace that you have been saved, through faith… and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God…not by works so that no one can boast. For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
Titus 3:5 “…he saved us, not because of righteous things we have done, but because of his mercy.”
1Peter 3:18 “For Christ died for sins, once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.”
John 14:15 “If you love me you will obey what I command.”
7. God’s plan for this world, as revealed in the Bible, includes the personal return of Jesus Christ, the final judgment of the just and the unjust, the resurrection of the just to eternal life, the resurrection of the unjust to everlasting death.
Acts 1:11″…This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”
Rev. 20:11-15 “Then I saw a great white throne… The dead were judged…If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.”
I Thessalonians 4:14-18 “We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him…”
Printable pdf format: StatementofFaith