BEYOND THE CLASSROOM
Cultivating students who love God, discern truth, and value beauty is not just about providing a rich academic experience. At Penobscot Christian, we believe that it’s important to provide a variety of opportunities for students that go beyond the four walls of the classroom.
Within these experiences, students have a chance to put what they are learning into action, to develop character and endurance, and to deepen their relationships with mentors, parents, and teachers. In addition, many of these opportunities provide ways for students to live out their values and deepen their faith.
Education is not just about what happens in the classroom.
Some of these opportunities include:
- Athletics such as soccer, basketball, baseball, softball
- Opportunities to participate on local athletic teams such as swim team, track and football
- Clubs such as Art Club, Art Club, Ski Club, Game Club, Chess Club
- Spiritual Emphasis Week
- School Spirit Week
- Logic & Rhetoric Travel Week
- Field Trips
- Art & Culture Night
- Concerts such as Veterans Day concert and Christmas concert
- Homecoming & Prom for the Rhetoric School
- Manners of the Week
These additional opportunities help our students deepen relationships with one another, build their faith, and develop their skills outside of the classroom.
We want our students to leave their time at PCS with a sincere love of God, the ability to discern truth, and an appreciation for beauty in the world around them.